Aiea Loop

Peace and quiet along the trail
DATE: 3 June, 2010
TOTAL TIME: 2.5 hrs
DIFFICULTY: Easy
PARTICIPANTS: Me
REHIKE VALUE: 7

Super easy, a great hike for families, and awesome for trail running. Overall, this is probably the prettiest hike I've ever been on so far, and believe me; I've been on some pretty hikes.

So we begin

Tree roots gaining ground as the years pass
Not long, but not too short, with plenty of shade, color, and just enough views to keep my eyes looking around. It’s measured to be about four miles, but time flew by quickly. There were some benches at key spots where you can relax and take in your surroundings. Oh, and the H3 freeway … if you’re a total die hard for views of a freeway.

Constant breezes cause fallen leaves to cover the ground

A tree leans over the path as gravity takes its toll
One thing though, I love tree roots, when I climb and descend. I hate tree roots, when I'm trying to walk. Rolled both my ankles and tweaked my knee a bit. Ouch. Yes, my knee still hurts from that fall I took a couple of weeks back, and maybe I shouldn't be hiking. Sitting on my ass just seemed so not me though. Moral of the story, rabbits are sort of like dogs; they don't eat chocolate. What?

Literally, a walk in the park

Rain in Aiea Heights maintain the moss

Tree roots are king at this lookout by the H-3 freeway

The forest waves its final goodbye to this awesome hiker

No comments:

Post a Comment