Anamolo 2 (Reverse Olomana)

Taking in the view from the backside of Pu'u Ahiki (third peak)
DATE: August 28, 2010
TOTAL TIME: 4 hrs
DIFFICULTY: Hard
PARTICIPANTS: “The Optimist” Jeremy, Me
REHIKE VALUE: 6

Although much easier this time around, Anamolo (Olomana backwards) was still somewhat challenging. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to attempt the climb without using the Eisenhower rope, I couldn’t.

I had company for this second go ahead, so things didn’t seem so bad this time around. Also, since it was Saturday, we ran into more people on the regular trail, all wondering if we broke out of some psycho institution on the other side of peak three. There was this one girl who was scared out of her wits coming down the second peak. I tried to comfort her by telling her that only one out of a hundred die on the trail. Her boyfriend was not pleased.

Jeremy and me on the third (first) peak
The indespensable Eisenhower rope
We should have blasted this trail, but we had a lot of fun sitting atop peak two watching other people make zero progress along the hike. The guy up there with us also had beer, so I sat my okole down and helped lighten his load. Much more fun doing this hike with others. One piece of advice, beware the last ledge before summiting the third peak. The rock wall concaves in so the climb actually calls for a little bit of pure upper body strength. “Someone” (not saying who) required lots of assistance at this portion. That someone was not me.

For more information about this hike, read my older blog entry (August 26, 2010).

Part of the initial climb
Silent grove
Sweat and conquest
On the third, going to the first

1 comment:

  1. "I tried to comfort her by telling her that only one out of a hundred die on the trail. Her boyfriend was not pleased." - LMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete